Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Jackpot!!

I hit the free fabric jackpot this weekend! One of the wonderful ladies at work used to be employed at Fabricland (one of my dreams when I was a teenager - the closest I ever got was to work in their call center...). While there, she acquired quite a bit of fabric that was just sitting in her closet for the last 10 years. When she found out I could sew, she offered to give it to me. ALL OF IT!!!

I was speachless. There is sooo much, I don't know where to start. There are lots of heavier woven synthetics that I probably would never have thought to buy, but now that I have them, I'm dying to experiment and see what I can do!

I loaded up my big backpack and had a second tote bag in my hand. I had to carry it all back on the bus... When I put it away at home there were 5 grocery bags stuffed, and I mean STUFFED with fabric. My favourite is this great little woven cotton with asian river scenes. So beautiful!

Completed projects will be posted! I just hope I have time to finish a few of them before I head to Baffin Island in May...

No comments:

Post a Comment