Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I Made Panties!!! (tee hee)

Ever since I saw a link to this tutorial on Instructables.com, I have been dying to try making my own. I made these from an old T-shirt that I had kicking around for a long time. I had originally planned to make a throw-pillow out of it, but it didn't work for some reason I don't remember, and I only had half the shirt left. The good news is that it only takes about a half a shirt to make a pair.

Here's a picture of the front:
And some detailing:
I attached the elastic using a double-needle since my serger is acting up. I really must get that fixed...

I still have a whole stack of old shirts lying around that I didn't know what to do with - you know those ones that are just too awesome to throw out, but are in too rough a shape to wear. Well, as underwear they are very comfortable, even if they may not last too long. I'm sure some of them will become yarn (dying to try this!), and I may even make a scarf if I find the right colours.

On another note, I have been loving some of the felted crafts I've been seeing around, making me want to get my hands on some wool. These earrings from Leethal Knits I find extremely inspiring.
I also want to someday try to make my own felted hat... *sigh*. So much to craft, so little time.

Anyhow, tomorrow is the wedding! I will show pics of our DIY photo-booth after the weekend-of-mayhem is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment