Saturday, August 21, 2010

Paper Craft



I've never really been into paper craft - I don't often work with paper, and I don't have any paper craft items in my house. Paper is just way too fragile for someone like me - my boyfriend often jokes that I'm not allowed to have nice things since I will most likely break them. And I think he's right.

That's not to say that I don't appreciate the amazing things people do with paper. I nearly cried at the end of the video for this Jum Nakao show. It's amazing papercraft fashion - the textures are so light and delicate.

I seem to appreciate paper cut designs the most when combined with fashion. Like the work of Bea Szenfeld pictured above. She transforms the paper to something SO much more.

Joel Cooper has a tutorial with the beginnings of how to make these amazing origami masks - still too daunting. They are folded from a single sheet of paper. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment