Sunday, November 21, 2010

Blocking Scarves

The reversible cables scarf is finally finished!

I never really understood the importance of blocking scarves until I read this tutorial from Craft Nectar on how to block a scarf. While blocking the reversible cables scarf, I went back to my previously made scarves and pulled out the green one in the picture to re-block it. I didn't understand the importance when I created it several years ago, and so had just hung it over the shower curtain rod to dry. As a result, it hung in a very awkward shape, all wrinkled and fanning out at the ends.

I made this scarf to test my knitting skills, and I'm pretty proud of the lovely leaf pattern on it. There are a few problems with it - mostly that it's too short. I bought the yarn at a second-hand shop - there was a whole bag of this stuff - and so, could not get any more of it.

I also failed to notice until the scarf was nearly complete that the two balls of yarn I used to make it were actually slightly different colours - one of them has brown accents, while the other is gray. It's pretty subtle, but it bothers me whenever I take a close look at the scarf. All the same, I put A LOT of work into this scarf, and there is no way in hell I'm going to undo it after all that work...

No comments:

Post a Comment