Thursday, November 4, 2010

Modular Origami Night


Moday night was Modular Origami Night at the Vancouver Hackspace, and it was so much fun! We each made on of the dodecahedrons (twelve-sided bodies) above. They are tough until you understand what you're doing, then it's mostly just repetitive, but the paper's colourful, and the company was great.

Each dodecahedron takes 30 sheets of origami paper to complete, and about 2 hours of your life, but they are beautiful and totally worth it. I'm not entirely sure where I'm going to display mine - I'm thinking I might bring it to my office at work, but I get some interesting comments from people when I take it on transit!

I kind of like it displayed on my Iqaluit carvings. By pure chance, it wound up in the display with our origami from Heavy Rain...

On a completely different note, this recipe sounds amazing. I want some right now: Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment