Sunday, September 12, 2010

How to Market your Crafts

I have been thinking for a while now about starting to make crafts to sell. Ultimately, I'd like to cut back my time working - to seasonal or part-time (wouldn't we all), and make a little extra cash doing what I love the rest of the time. The idea of MAKING the crafts may be great, but how do I sell them? I know nothing about marketing, and am terrible at networking. An Etsy shop is the obvious choice, but Etsy has become so overwhelming, it's easy for one shop to get lost in it. So, what to do?

This is why I was so excited when I found this article through Paper and Stitch: 25 Ways Artists and Craftspeople can Market Their Work. There are some great and simple ideas for getting your name and product out there for people to see. It seems a little less daunting now. The next thing I need is time to get everything set up...

No comments:

Post a Comment